Friday, October 12, 2012

POST#38: THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!


So, today we're talking about "The Hunger Games". I'm reading it right now (I got the boxed set with all three books for my birthday) and it's an awesome book! I'm as crazy for it as I would be if I was a "Harry Potter" fan! Too bad I can't see the movie for a good while, I'm just too young to see it.... So I'm on page 115, I just started a couple of days ago (I devour books and am a fast reader)..... So "The Hunger Games " is about a sixteen-year-old girl called Katniss Everdeen, living with her mother and her sister Primrose "Prim" Everdeen (her father died in a mine explosion when she was eleven), in the post-apocalyptic world called Panem, which has risen from the ruins of a destroyed North America. And there was a rebellion against the Capitol, the ruling city of Panem, called the "Dark Days. As a result, the Capitol created the Hunger Games, where each of the twelve districts is forced to pick one girl and one boy  between everyone who is from twelve to eighteen in the whole district in a reaping, where they have two glass balls, one for girls and one for boys, and they pick out the names randomly. Everyone in Panem is forced to watch the Games on their TV's. On this reaping day, Prim is called and Katniss volunteers for Prim, and the boy tribute is Peeta Mellark, who saved Katniss from starvation when they were eleven. They go in the Games, only to find out that there can be two victors from the same district if they both survived. Peeta got hurt in the leg, and Katniss helps him and nurses him, to find out that the rule was overturned so they have to kill one of them, but the rule was active again and they both won the Games.


I know it's a loooong story, but it's so good, that if you grab the book, first you will become a Hunger Games maniac, second you will decide if you're Team Peeta or Team Gale (I'm Team Peeta), and third when you grab the book, you will not let it go and when the book grab you, it will not let go! By the way, this photo next to this is an assumed map of Panem.

Have a great weekend!

Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment