Friday, June 21, 2013

POST#74: SUMMER CAMP PART TWO


Hey guys! Today we're doing the second part of describing my summer camp. But first, I'm gonna tell you about my last day and last field trip, which both were today. I got to the summer camp, hung out with my friends before the bus got there and got on the bus. On the bus, there was air conditioning and a TV (I was really surprised about the TV). I sat with one of my friends, read on the Kindle app of my cellphone and watched what was on TV at the time. Eventually we got to our destination, which was Las Cabezas de San Juan, in Fajardo. We snacked something, took pictures and started hiking towards the lighthouse. When we got to the lighthouse, I immediately noticed I could see St. Thomas, Tortola, Icacos, St, Croix, Vieques, Culebra, etc. I also noticed there was a big meadow, and by big, I mean HUGE. We had a conference about the archaeological excavations currently going on at the site. We saw the excavations, talked with the archaeologists and volunteered by cleaning the pieces that came out. We then went back to the meadow to eat lunch, run around and play, and take a break. We then went back to cleaning until it was time to go and hike back over to where the bus was and leave the site. When we were back to camp, we went crazy getting each others email addresses, cell numbers, social network account usernames, etc. We came up with the idea to sign each others shirts on the back with Sharpies. I'm gonna miss being in camp a lot :(

Happy weekend!


Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment