Friday, August 2, 2013

POST#80: TED TALKS



Hey guys! Today we're talking about TED. Before you guys say anything, I'm not talking about the bear in the movie. I'm talking about TED Talks. I stumbled upon them by accident, and I've been hooked ever since. TED Talks are lectures about anything you can imagine, and from anyone you can imagine. For example, these are good for when you want to study a specific subject. They range from one that I saw about an journalist from Esquire Magazine that does experiments with himself as the guinea pig (I'll post the link below), to the story of a woman and her defection from North Korea (I'll post the link also), to a neuroscientist talking about when she had a stroke & took the opportunity to study her own brain and thoughts. They're THAT varied. I will post the YouTube links of those talks below. I will also post the link to the YouTube channel as well. They have an app for Apple and Android systems also.

A.J. Jacobs: My year of living biblically

Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight

Hyeonseo Lee: My escape from North Korea

TEDTalks YouTube Channel


Happy weekend!



Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment